It is a current transducer which linearly transform the current to voltage. If connect to an oscilloscope by BNC type connector, you’re able to observe the current waveforms.
DC Current Clamp, 20/80A. Supplied with BNC plug cable.
- Measurement Range: 20A or 80A, selectable
- Bandwidth: 40kHz
- Output only in DC mode which include both DC and AC components of the signal (if need only the AC component, the oscilloscope should support AC coupling mode)
- It is a transducer which allows your multimeter to measure current data and enable your oscilloscope to measure the current waveforms.
- Zero offset button (once pressed set the DC level to 0)
- Auto power-off (after about 15 min. from power on)
Note: this is a modified version (April 2023) of the original model, with improved performances. The specifications under are valid only for this product and won’t reflect any other product even similar in shape and colors.
- Power circuit measurement and malfunction analysis;
- Motor drive of frequency converter (or other electronics) measurement;
- Power electronics equipment measurement.
- NOT suitable for long time data logging (since it has the auto power-off)
- Turn on the device by selecting 20A or 80A range
- Select the corresponding probe in HScope app (can download this probe settings from the cloud)
- Without measuring any current press the Zero offset button on the clamp (be sure the app read 0A)
- Attach the clamp to the wire under test
- Must use 80kHz low-pass software filter for having clean waveforms with max bandwidth, or less according the the signal measured
|Range||20A||100mV = 1A|
|80A||10mV = 1A|
|Captured Conductor Size||9mm maximum (hole size about 12mm)|
|Rise time 0-3A (20A scale)||< 12us|
|Low Battery Indictor||red LED lighting|
|Battery Type||9V DC|
|Battery Life||100 hours typical with alkaline|
|Weight||205g (battery not included)|
|Dimensions||195mm(H) x 70mm(W) x 33mm(D)|
|Connection||Supplied with 5mm PVC cable with BNC plug|
CC-80 vs Hantek CC-65
|Range||20A / 80A||20A / 65A|
|Captured Conductor Size||12mm maximum||9mm maximum|
|Output||5mm PVC cable with BNC plug (1.5m)||3.8mm PVC cable with BNC plug (1m)|
|Price||48 USD||108 USD (Amazon)|
Hantek CC-65 (in orange) vs CC-80 (in green) – Waveforms Comparison
Both use HScope low-pass filter set at 80kHz, except specified.